FVL Schools Bookkeeper
Application Deadline - January 20 at 11 pm.
FVL Schools is a Christian education partnership serving families from our Fox Valley communities. We partner with parents to nurture young lives as children of God spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially. As a member of FVL Schools, Fox Valley Lutheran High School is a Christian high school that provides students with a Christ-centered education, preparing them for lives of service and for eternity.
Under the direction of the FVL Schools leadership team, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll, financial record keeping, creating invoices, and transactions including accounts payable,
Hours: 15-20 hours per month; specific office hours TBA
Qualifications and job requirements:
- Understanding and Commitment of the mission of FVL Schools
- Advanced proficiency in Quickbooks a must
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Associate's degree or equivalent; three to five years' related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additional proficiency in Windows and Macintosh operating systems and with Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs and Internet Explorer/Firefox.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Processes payroll at the close of pay periods; prepares,
records and distributes paychecks. Processes state and federal
payroll tax deposits and reports in a timely manner.
• Prepares and records yearly invoices for FVL School partners
• Issues checks for bills and reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner; ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized.
• Pays yearly workers compensation.
• Reconciles bank accounts and provides reports to administrative and finance directors each month; keeps clear records of all account activity and alerts FVL Schools leadership team to past-due accounts in a timely manner.
• Proactively maintains highly organized filing system; files invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements, insurance information and other financial records.
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
• Assists with special projects or does research as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned by FVL Schools leadership team